Friday, May 13, 2011

County Rd A 3x8 Steady States

Not a bad ride. Didn't find the usual tightness in the chest as I started out. Was not sure how things would go given that I had updated my training from 4x6 SS to 3x8 SS. But I knew enough to expect a further challenging ride.

The first interval was a struggle to maintain the required HR zone between 156 and 161 bpm. While I hit the zone within 37 seconds, I was able to only stay there in totality for 3:35 minutes from the remaining time during the 8 minute interval. The second was much better striking the zone within 30 seconds and achieving 6:13 minutes within the interval. It was then that I remember Charmichael's point that often in interval trraining one strengthens during the workout, than the second interval often achieves better success than the first. My third and final "chase" hit at 37 seconds and I stayed there for 6:31 minutes.

"BAM!" What a difference from earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment