Tuesday, May 10, 2011

County Rd A 4x6 Steady States

Started this day SS intervals with my last failed attempt still fresh in my mine. I didn't know how the cooler air might help or hinder but I kept to my Hi-vis tank and short bibs to standout from all the afternoon grey.
The first interval was OK but a little difficult; I seem to dropout of the HR (156 - 160). It is a narrow range but that is the problem if you will this using Carmichael's training values with regards to HR zones. These value also overlap considerately. If one trains by power this is not an issue; there is no overlapping values i.e., watts.

The second interval was better and thus I was hopeful. Perhaps fatigue or over training was holding me back. I sure in time I will figure this out. Concentration is also an issue, that is, I find myself drifting with regards to HR. This may be more the cause than anything for dropping out of the narrow HR zone. I have found that just as important as the current HR is my cadence and therefore have to constantly monitor the Garmin. If I keep my cadence tight then my HR will also stay in a tight range.

The third interval was tighter but twice I dropped out of range. Not a good sign. Fatigue?

The fourth was the worse of the group. Hard to get within range from my recovery zone and once there it was hard to stay.

In the end this day's SS was better than my last attempt.



Weather Conditions: 1201 hours. Cool and overcast with the winds primarily from the ESE from 3.5 to 8.1 mph.
Min: 63 Avg: 64 Max: 71 ºF

No comments:

Post a Comment